• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
• 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist).
• 3+ years Programming experience manipulating and analyzing data (Python or Scala)
• Experience building robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using Airflow, SQL, Python and Spark.
• Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
• Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake etc.
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Apache Druid) such as S3, EC2, and EMR (Spark) etc.
• Lead the transformation of a peta-byte scale batch-based processing platform to a near real-time streaming platform using technologies such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Spark and other open source frameworks
• MS, MBA, or PhD a plus from a top institution (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field)
• Experience working in AWS environment – preferably AWS Certification completed.
• Software engineering mindset and strive to write elegant, maintainable code and you’re comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks
• Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Software development and design.