Lead Technical Support Engineer – On site USA
Global Desk Support, in this role of Lead Technical Support Engineer, the individual will plan and execute solid troubleshooting methods, seeking innovative ways to further issue resolution on on-site customer services to both Kaleris-Navis, like installing of software and troubleshooting technical problems related to the end-user desk and office Lan issues(LAN / WAN /Networking infrastructure). The professional must have excellent communication and customer service skills to help effectively address complex issues with non-technical consumers.
- End User Desktop Support and Troubleshooting
- End User desktop applications, Office, email & print support
- Security Patch updates & Anti-virus support
- Background in Mac, and most importantly Windows Desktop Deployment and Post-deployment support
- Basic management and configuration of applications
- O365 support experience
- Experience with local and network printers
- Basic administration of Windows servers
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem-solving preferred
- Familiarity with email servers and spam filtering technology.
- Assist other technical teams as on-site support when needed
- Lead complex initiatives from start to finish, providing status and escalating to management when necessary
- Create technical documentation and procedures
- Maintains records of trouble tickets, daily communication, problems, and remedial actions are taken, or installation activities
- Mentors and provides technical training of staff and manages staff development
- Respond to calls, tickets, and emails to troubleshoot reported issues in a helpdesk environment,
- first-level contact for customer support issues, onsite.
- Troubleshoot, monitor and maintain client computers and desktop applications
- Consult and collaborate with other Systems Administrators across Kaleris-Navis to resolve issues
- quickly and efficiently, when needed.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wi-Fi,
- Video conferencing room systems, and other systems.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Diagnose and troubleshoot applications, operating systems and software issues, and technical issues, including login account and email account setup
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Address user tickets regarding Local network, desktop/laptop, windows applications office and other applications
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Troubleshooting of Antivirus issues such as virus outbreaks, virus definition issues etc.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows and Linux operating systems and Microsoft
- Office and another authorized desktop application.
- Proven ability to multi-task, effectively determine priorities, and meet SLA’s.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
- Hands-on experience with help desk and remote control software
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate team members
- Communicate with users with a high degree of etiquette and professionalism
- Ensure all the calls have been attended to and updated in the Ticketing Tool whichever come under their bin.
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Excellent English Speaking/Reading & written communication skills. Clear, understandable
- Schedule Flexibility: Willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional after hours on-call, multitask and resilience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 1-2 years of experience leading high-performance teams to drive service delivery and service improvements
- Understanding of Mac and Microsoft Server Operating Systems and related Microsoft Server Applications and Services
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies and Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet and wireless LAN, as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each
- Experience in both Mac and with current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10) required.
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve matters of significance
- Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot various problems within varied environments
- Superior time management skills
- Superior interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external users, customers, and vendors
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and adapt to fast-paced changing requirements and requests
Training & Certifications
Current and valid industry Training/certifications in the following preferred
- ITSM (Ticketing) Tool
- Training in Operating systems management and Basic Network Operations
- Comptia A+
- Comptia Sec+
- Comptia Net+
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations