As a senior software engineer on our Cloud Automation team, you will be responsible for building simple and intuitive automation tooling for a very large developer community within the company. This will involve enhancing the existing automation platform to improve the user experience, extending functionality and tooling in our cloud platform.
Engineer responsibilities include the following:
• Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code and scripts.
• Write automated tests to validate changes, and manually test those changes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects.
• Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
• Operate supported systems in test and production environments.
• Provide technical support for tools and systems owned by the team.
• Be an active participant in team meetings and processes, like design and code reviews.
• Suggest and implement ways to improve tools and processes.
• Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues.
• Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements.
Candidates should have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
• 8-10+ years of software development experience
• 3-5 years of development experience in Python
• Deep understanding of AWS Lambda functions
• Very strong knowledge of AWS, the AWS Python SDK, AWS IAM, and AWS CloudFormation (AWS Certification a plus)
• Experience with Git source code management and Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.