As a senior software engineer on our Cloud Automation team, you will be responsible for building simple and intuitive automation tooling for a very large developer community within the company. This will involve enhancing the existing automation platform to improve the user experience, extending functionality and tooling in our cloud platform.
Engineer responsibilities include the following:
• Update Node project dependencies to newest versions.
• Write code to fix defects and make small software improvements.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code, libraries, and scripts.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects.
• Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
• Collaborate with other engineers to design solutions and resolve issues.
Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
• 8-10+ years of software development experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively
• Experience using automated testing frameworks for front-end technologies.
• Strong understanding of web markup languages, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Proficient with cross-browser compatibility issues, browser rendering behavior, and browser performance
• Experience working with public cloud environments like AWS. Familiar with cloud-native patterns and technologies.
• Experience with and proficient understanding of CI/CD tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, NPM, etc.